Are You Seeking a Rewarding Career?
Spain Agency Inc., is a fast-paced, growing company that offers tremendous opportunity and growth. At Spain Agency, Inc. we know it is the talent and commitment of our people that make us successful. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Spain Agency has been building client loyalty and trust since 1922. From basic coverages to the most unusual risks, we provide innovative risk management and insurance programs at competitive rates, backed by large, financially sound carriers.
Spain Agency has been awarded a Best Practice Agency distinction year after year. In 2007, Spain Agency was awarded top performer in their revenue category. We have also been named a top performer in the Marsh Berry APPEX agents group.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements through one of the following methods:
- We offer competitive benefits and salaries
- Medical and Dental/Vision
- Long Term Disability and Life & Accidental Death
- 401K / Profit Sharing Flexible Spending Accounts
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
Commercial Lines book of business.
Spain Agency seeks experienced individual to service an assigned Commercial Lines book of business:
- Service an assigned book of business.
- Perform all account transactions including ID cards, proposals, endorsements, certificates, binders, billing, claims, renewals, follow-up and correspondence on assigned accounts.
- Respond to client inquires, incoming mail, company requests and Producer’s needs on a timely basis.
- Become first point of contact for service issues on assigned accounts.
- Collect renewal data on assigned accounts.
- Review and order renewals according to Agency procedures. Document receipt of renewals and investigate non-renewals.
- Survey policy coverages and identify cross-selling and upgrading opportunities.
- Review, analyze and submit applications to insurance companies. Make recommendations regarding the list of coverages. Follow Agency underwriting guidelines.
- Review new business, renewals, and endorsements to insure items were received as ordered.
- Prepare billing following Agency’s credit and collections policies.
- Maintain client files on computer system and use computer system for all processing transactions.
- Maintain current knowledge of underwriting requirements of carriers.
- Maintain knowledge of policy provisions and any changes in these provisions.
- Maintain knowledge of policy provisions and any changes in them.
- Promote open communication and good morale.
- Participate in any special projects at management’s request.
- Commercial lines product knowledge.
- 5-10 years Experience
- Broker's License highly desirable, CIC or CPCU a plus
- Knowledge of Applied Systems a plus
- College degree highly desirable
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work in a high paced work environment.
Currently seeking experienced sales professionals with proven track records to sell Business Insurance products to prospects. These individuals will be responsible for setting appointments with prospects, prospecting lead tracking and follow up, attending meetings and delivering sales presentations to prospects and referral sources, developing and delivering proposals, and actively networking and prospecting new business opportunities. Experience marketing to C-level executives a plus. Must have effective communication and negotiation skills. Candidates should possess excellent interpersonal skills, self-confidence, motivation, and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, strong telephone skills and presentation skills. College degree highly desirable. Will entertain candidates without insurance sales experience if have a successful, proven background. Experienced insurance sales people, with or without a book of business, are also welcome.
REPORT TO: President/Vice President
PRIMARY ROLE: Overall accountability for the marketing function of the Spain Agency. Serve as key liaison between company underwriting personnel and Agency sales force. Manage, direct and lead sales function.
STANDARDS: Insure firm meets its targeted mix of business, volume commitment and loss ratios. Achievement of Agency’s objectives for new business production.
QUALIFICATIONS: Commercial Lines product knowledge and risk management expertise. Good organizational and negotiations. CPCU/CIC and college degree desired.
- Work with senior management to develop goals for placement and underwriting of business.
- Develop strong working relationships with underwriters and carrier representatives.
- Review new business opportunities with producers. Assist producer in identifying information needed to prepare professional submission including full loss detail, understanding of operations, coverage requirements and ways to increase sales opportunities.
- Manage placement of new business with carriers to maximize contingency income while providing for client’s protection and security. Responsible for compliance with carrier contracts.
- Market new business opportunities by preparing professional and complete submissions, which are designed to achieve needed results.
- Serve as key resource to sales force in analyzing new business opportunities, presenting them to companies, and preparing effective presentations to clients.
- Responsible for handling an assigned book of business.
- Manage and control new business in marketing cycle.
- Provide report of new business activity to Senior Management.
- Communicate marketing systems, procedures and policies to CSRs and producers. Monitor systems to make sure they are adhered to.
- Analyze, and assist producers in making submissions to insurance companies. Make recommendations regarding the risk to producers for the most cost effective and proper insurance coverage. Negotiate pricing and product with company.
- Keep alert to Commercial lines market conditions by continually communicating with company underwriters, reading circulars and printed updates.
- Prepare proposals designed to demonstrate firm’s product knowledge and insure client satisfaction.
- Attend sales meetings and maintain on-going communication with producers.
- Serve as technical resource to CSRs/producers.
- Responsible for resolving all marketing matters in a manner that is beneficial to the firm.
- Prepare monthly reports tracking agency performance to targeted goals.
- Assist in developing new commercial line programs.
- Monitor renewal process to make sure renewals are being handled in a timely basis and that retention meets targets.
- Participate in/direct any special projects at management’s request.